Social Overload
I've had house guests now for the past three weeks, ranging from an ex girlfriend of sorts, to friends of the (herrang) family, to a travels-related friend (and his ex-girlfriend) who i haven't seen for years.
I was happy to see them and i'm glad they all made it out here but back-to-back weeks definitely created a lack of much-needed personal space--the ex-gf for obvious reasons, dancing friends cos i wanted to show them a good time (and make sure they keep out of trouble since they were both rather young and i promised their mom i'd take good care of them) and the last two, well, having a couple over after they've broken up but are still sort-of together, and one of them is very moody, was a challenge.
As a result I'm way oversocialized now. I spend all week being "on" (which is one of the reasons i am ready to get out of teaching) and weekends are usually my time to turn *off* and relax for once. not so the last 3 weekends. Sunday, after my last guests had left, i avoided all human contact and happily spent most of the day reading and napping.
I also really really really need to spend some time with another native speaker, to have a fluent conversation and bitch about the germans a bit.
# posted by
Mike Why @ 00:39