Where's Mike Now?
now where is he?
travels, thoughts, plans, photos and food

about me
present location:
The Golden Gate

archives
August 2001
September 2001
October 2001
September 2002
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
November 2005
February 2006
March 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
July 2012
April 2019
July 2022

links
Lithuanian Lindy Hop
eddie's peruvian children's foundation
herrang dance camp
anne's travel gallery
skyhigh airlines
baltic travel guide
the public 8 ball
sushi academy
tom bihn bags
car talk
italian swing

interested in teaching?
teacher training options
training locations
some job adverts
the gritty, funny, painful truth

blog template design by:
:: maystar * designs ::
links open windows

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, February 25, 2005

Bitches, man*.

Why oh why are SF women so damn flaky?

Here's the rundown so far: extensive emailing with two, followed by #1's admission from one that she wasn't ready for any sort of r-ship and didn't know when she *would* be, and #2's complete lack of response at all the following week; it seems she was just bored at work and decided to mess about with people actually looking for a r-ship, or at least a decent date.

Then, an actual date with one who, it turns out, posts on CL r-ship section at least once a day, with slight variations, which leads me to believe that she is either a) utterly desperate or b) a chronic dater.

Next was a date with a woman who was friendly enough, but there wasn't much spark. Normal enough, I guess.

Ah, almost forgot about the very-promising woman who, after weeks of engaging and witty emails, decided she was too busy to start a r-ship and said she'd get back at the end of the month. I am waiting....

Then, a date with a cute and intriguing woman who works as a private chef and has a professional.
imported.
Italian.
gelato.
machine.

in her house.

I was very very impressed. At the end of our date she shook my hand, wished me good luck with my date search on CL (a rather odd thing to do, that) and suggested we meet up later in the week, on thursday.

A few days later she emailed to say that she was leaving the country for a few weeks...I thought my days of causing women to flee the country were over. Alas, 'tis not so. I have since called and emailed her a few times, but no response.

Which brings us to the latest (and no doubt NOT the last) heartache came courtesy of A., who moved here from Alaska. After cancelling last minute on Friday, we rescheduled for Sunday--first date, after a week or two of emailing and getting to know each other a bit first. So, we met for coffee, ended up spending 7 hours together.

SEVEN HOURS.

Seven hours.

And it went well. Really well.

We finished off the night with sushi. She dropped me off at the tram stop, we hugged, she said she had a great time let's do it again, etc. I emailed and said I had a wonderful time. hoped to see her again, and so on. She replied the next day and agreed on all counts.

So. That seemed promising.

I tried for a last-minute, spontaneous date the next day, but she was busy. Same for the following day. Emailed her about Wed night. She said she had a dinner to go to. (Odd, since she told me she didn't have any friends around here, really, aside from her brother).

So I send her a friendly, chatty email and in the end ask about going out this weekend. She writes back and chats some, then informs me that she had gone on a date this week, someone she's "known for a while", and they have decided to "go exclusive.

Fuck.

[Sound of what's left of Mike's heart crashing to the floor with a heavy thud]

I don't get it--why, if you're at the point where you're ready to commit, would you even bother going on a date with someone else? One last look at Singleville before the relationship train pulls away? Was I such an unbelievably awful date that she rushed back to this guy in panic and relief, having seen what else is out there?

What the fuck is going on here? I don't get it at all. Someone please explain.

She finished with "I realize that this probably means that you don't want to hang out with me anymore".

Well, actually it means I feel sad, disappointed, bitter and confused, and seem to be doomed to nothing but crushing heartache for years to come.

I really liked her, too. Correction--I still do.

Sometimes I think my heart is simply a ball for the football club known as Women.

Bitches, man*.

On a less depressing note, I did see a great new (to me) singer today. www.matttheelectrician.com. Alt-countryish I guess if you have to classify, just damn good in my opinion.

*If you don't know this quote you really must see "Say Anything". Or at least go here.


Comments:
Sarah darling! I was wondering where you've been. Did you ever get that stuff off your shoe?

Mike
 
There are some things a person can clean... my shoe is not one of them.

Besos,

Sarah
 
Ha! Welcome to my world.

What is it about SF that attracts such flighty, inconsiderate and flaky females? That is the question...
 
I am sorry about your broken heart
 
Post a Comment