Where's Mike Now?
now where is he?
travels, thoughts, plans, photos and food

about me
present location:
The Golden Gate

archives
August 2001
September 2001
October 2001
September 2002
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
November 2005
February 2006
March 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
July 2012
April 2019
July 2022

links
Lithuanian Lindy Hop
eddie's peruvian children's foundation
herrang dance camp
anne's travel gallery
skyhigh airlines
baltic travel guide
the public 8 ball
sushi academy
tom bihn bags
car talk
italian swing

interested in teaching?
teacher training options
training locations
some job adverts
the gritty, funny, painful truth

blog template design by:
:: maystar * designs ::
links open windows

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, August 30, 2003

Still in Freiburg. Sorting out paperwork/permits now, have part time work lined up at a good school and hope to find more once the other schools in town re-open. (When I grow up, I want to be a school director--they all seem to take the whole summer off!)

Meanwhile, I`ve been working my butt off doing internet teaching, also escaped from everything for three day over my birthday weekend (23 Aug, if you`re wondering/have forgotten) and went to Switzerland. Danced Friday night then headed down to Geneva on Saturday for three days. It`s a weird place, Geneva--a very transitory town, as my friend said. Another person there described it as an "oil rig"--a place where you go simply to work (and make loads of money in the meantime). Which is kind of how I felt about Tallinn, aside from the loads of money part.

I`m also house/room hunting, which is not fun in itself, let alone in a foreign language. So far most of the places I`ve seen remind me of my UCSC days--small, overpriced, crowded, and too studentish for my tastes (really, is a proper living room too much to ask for?) Still, at this point I`ll settle for a good location and housemates who clean up after themselves and don`t eat all my food.

OK, time to make some calls about rooms. More later (pictures, too, once I get my laptop hooked up to the web again).


Comments: Post a Comment